Cheat Meals – Lets Talk – Ep2


I use to have a cheat day every week, well actually, it started as a cheat meal which eventually developed into a cheat day. But I stuck to my diet all week so I ‘earned it’ right?

Come on, even reading that sounds ridiculous. Eat a healthy balanced diet all week and then essentially binge for a day, thats a recipe for disaster right there.

I now don’t have ‘cheat days’ at all. If I’m craving something, I’ll just incorporate it into my weekly diet. Having a cheat day at the end of the week is a terrible idea, you’re rewarding yourself with food, creating an awful relationship with food. Just like they say don’t binge drink, drink a couple of glasses of wine through out the week rather than hammering a bottle or two on a Saturday night. Having a cheat day can offset some rather terrible habits and most certainly effect your hard earned progress.

Balance. A word that has kind of been overused and lost its meaning recently. But my take on balance is where different elements are of equal proportions. Use a flexible approach with nutrition so when you crave something that you may bank for your ‘cheat day’, have it when you crave it, a chocolate bar, a slice of cake, some ice cream, some pizza. By nipping that craving in the bud as soon as you get it your much more likely to stick to your diet and keep on progressing towards your goals. Remember to follow the 80/20 rule, 80% of your diet should be made up of wholesome, nutritionally dense foods and the remaining 20% can be whatever you like.

You want to be able to adhere and sustain your diet it for a long time, so make it enjoyable, don’t suffer. It’s a marathon, not a sprint.

Any questions or diet advice please get in contact with me, I’m always here to help!

– Andy 🙂 –

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: